Super Xtreme Family Stunt Car Challenge
A downloadable game for Windows
SXFSCC - Submission to the "Bring out your Dead" game jam in June 2016
This is an unfinished project I started in college. It´s on hold for now, because I wanted to focus on a different game (Error Ware 2).
But I thought it´s still fun enough for my first game jam, so feel free to try it!
Just be aware that there are some bugs and not that many levels.
The game has 3 different game modes:
Story mode (1 Player)
Well not that much of a story here, at least there´s a worldmap and a few stages. You earn money depending on how cool your stunts are.
Vs. Mode (2 Players locally)
You can go head-to-head via splitscreen. Same levels as the Story mode, but in a fixed order. Both players have to clear the stage to get to the next one.
Battle Mode (2-4 player locally)
This is almost a whole different game with a top-down perspective! Think of Mario Kart´s battle mode but from a bird´s eye view, with a variety of items and an annoying zooming camera. Probably the most fun if you actually have friends to play it with.
Some tips & tricks
- In Story / Vs. Mode, your goal is to hit the flagpole and not crash afterwards for a couple of seconds.
- You can only accelerate & brake, you can not reverse!
- If you leave the screen to the right, your car will reenter it on the left. Make use of it!
- The stage with the bird is almost impossible. Try to annoy your friends with it lol
- Reset the game by pressing [F9] if you get stuck ortry to go back to the menu with [ESC]
- Don´t try to load a safefile when there is none
- You can play the game with a gamepad. Space = Start (Button 10) in that case, Accelerate with Button . You´ll figure it out.
- [M] turns the music on / off
- In Battle Mode, press Accelerate + Brakes at the same time to use an item
Cheat code for unlocking cars (glitchy)
- Press the  key on the keyboard unlocks the bus and lamborarri (though some graphics are missing / glitched)
- Activate the info in Story / VS mode with [i] and then press [c], you can switch cars if you unlocked them.
Just open the .exe file and there you go! The game was made in Game Maker 8 and is for Windows only.
This built is based on the last stable buid from 2013. I just fixed some crashes / bugs but there are still a few left for you to enjoy ;)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.